Wordful Wednesday: Our bountiful garden

As you know, we are a family of gardeners. Spend time outside/wear our kids out/plant beautiful flowers/grow our own vegetables kind of family. And no I am not trying to take credit for this wonder. My husband is the master-mind behind our beautiful garden. We are well into our *enjoying the fruits of our labor* part of the summer and for Wordful Wednesday, I wanted to share some of our veggies with you. I am sparing you from more zucchini and yellow squash pictures. As you know from my zucchini bread post, we have TONS of those. Plus I already added that picture. Wouldn’t want to bore you with the same picture!

Wish I could pass these veggies all around, but alas neither Steve Jobs nor Bill Gates has perfected that Internet wonder yet. I know we have many many more months of yummy veggies to enjoy!  My favorite are my little yellow pear tomatoes! Delish!!

Comments

1. alicia says:

What a beautiful garden! Bravo! Thanks so much for linkin up for WW!

2. Diana says:

Awesome! Don’tcha just love all that green… and red, and yellow… all those beautiful veggie colors. Yum! {I picked over 100 cherry tomatoes yesterday! Lost count after that, LOL!}

Have a delicious day! =)
    Diana’s last blog more from dad’s old photo albums

3. Dumb Mom says:

Loaner Dog dug up my one chance at fresh tomatoes last week. For a bone. A. BONE! Luckily Mimi and Papa have a farmer’s sized garden over at their house and they gifted me a bunch of ugly, but delicious, tomatoes for salsa. Yeah Mimi and Papa for making me keep your wildebeast of a dog who ruins stuff and making up for it by giving me fresh produce. Almost the same as growing them yourself and marveling in the joy of accomplishment when you finally get to eat it. NOT!

-Yours look beautiful and I sincerely hope you enjoy them. Just had to get that offa my chest first. So, um, thanks!
    Dumb Mom’s last blog Wordful Wednesday A Swimful Summer

4. Id show you pics of our garden— but its embarrassing compared to your beautiful garden. Ours has been growing for ab 2 months now— and we have just a few little things sprouting up…. nothing eatable just yet.

Great job! Maybe you can now come over and grow ours.

5. Your garden looks AMAZING! Does your hubby hire out? ;)
    Stacy (the Random Cool Chick)’s last blog Wordless-Wordful Wednesday – The Hatching of a Dinosaur Egg

6. You already know how insanely jealous I am that you can do this. I soooo want to garden. I sooooo suck at it. I know it’s an overused term, but I really do have a black thumb. So sad…because all I want in life is to have a garden like Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. Sigh….
    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What’s for Dinner
    Alex aka Ma What’s for dinner’s last blog MAma Mia Meatballs!!!!

7. Bored to Death says:

Bee-autiful!!! If you have a lot of zucchini… I bought this amazing salad he other day- that had zucchini that was peeled really thin (raw) with dried cranberries, walnuts and goat cheese! It was so delish and I really like the crunchy zucchini idea and with it peeled really thin it had a great texture! Anyway, I love your garden!!!

8. Elaine says:

I wish we could grow a garden like that! I may have to start one next year… it all looks SO good! Enjoy!
    Elaine’s last blog The Food of My People

9. Yummy! They look great! I live in a townhouse w/ no yard to plant…but I am not sure even if I did if I could do it…I have a brown thumb..lol (don’t even know if that’s a saying! lol)

10. denise says:

Yum…your garden is gorgeous! We have a tiny plot and just yesterday, I ate the first tomato of the season. Oh. So. Good.

11. Shannon says:

YUMMY!!! how wonderful to have food growing in your backyard!

12. Amy says:

Way to go on the garden. :)

Trackbacks

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Rachel Voorhees, Rachel Voorhees. Rachel Voorhees said: My bountiful garden, AKA WW Post: http://bit.ly/bvZOEQ [...]