Who doesn’t love a yummy banana bread? I am particularly fond of my banana bread recipe…it is delicious!!
It is finally Fall here in California today… rain and all. I don’t know about you, but there is something about cooler weather that makes me want to BAKE. Maybe it is because during the winter we get to bundle up (sort of here in our mild winters) and hide the excess? Whatever it is, I love baking when it is cold outside.
1 ½ cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup butter, melted
3 ripe bananas, mashed
¼ to ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Grease bread loaf pan. I use a Canola Oil Spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In one bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
3. In another bowl, mash bananas. Add eggs and melted butter. Add to dry mix. Mix well.
4. Optional: Stir in walnuts.
5. Pour into loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Enjoy with a nice hot, steaming cup of coffee!