Wordful Wednesday: Minnie’s 81st Celebration!

Minnie, my grandmother, will turn 81 on Sunday.

81!

Can you believe it?

My grandparents were visiting us here in California from Tennessee for Christmas. They traveled all the way across the country to see us which to me… is amazing. I am in my 30′s and am already sick and tired of traveling.

Since Minnie was here…and it was almost her birthday…and since we hadn’t had enough sweets from the holidays (cough…cough…), Sadie and I made her a birthday cake to celebrate! I couldn’t let my grandmother come and go without a celebration!

I mean just look at these two…so cute! And so proud!

And how appropriate is Sadie’s shirt? VERY appropriate!

This post is part of Wordful/Wordless Wednesday. Visit these fabulous hosts: Seven Clown Circus, Parenting by Dummies, Angry Julie Monday, Live and Love… Out Loud , A Beautiful Mess and 5 Minutes for Mom

Comments

1. feefifoto says:

Happy Birthday to your grandmother, and many more.
    feefifoto’s last blog Wordless Wednesday- Menu Fail

2. Dominique says:

Happy Birthday to your grandmother. She looks really good for her age.
    Dominique’s last blog Chubby Baby Photos

3. Tammi says:

Wow – that is amazing!
    Wishing her a very happy birthday!
    Tammi’s last blog Wordless Wednesday Holiday Chaos

4. Uyen says:

Goodness! Your grandmother looks AMAZING for her age! Happy Birthday to her!

5. Erin says:

Happy Birthday to Minnie! And the shirt…..LOVE IT!

6. Your grandmother and daughter are both cute as a button! Such a sweet photo, one that makes me miss my grandmothers. :( You’re so lucky!
    Do you think she’ll let me borrow her?
    Kristi {at} Live and Love…Out Loud’s last blog Let There Be Light…And a Really Messy Room Wordless-Wordful Wednesday

7. Penny says:

Wow! You are so blessed to celebrate with her! Happy Birthday, Minnie!
    Penny’s last blog THAT Surgery – Wordless Wednesday

8. Beautiful! A picture you will treasure forever. And yes the shirt is perfect.
    Happy Birthday to your Grandmother!

9. Jana says:

Aww what a cute picture! I bet it was a special visit!
    Jana’s last blog almost Wordless Wednesday – We love snow!!

10. Love her shirt. Happy birthday to your grandmother.
    Secret Mom Thoughts’s last blog Cool Dog

11. Mrs.Mayhem says:

Your grandmother looks so young. It’s wonderful that she is still traveling. That photo is priceless, with both of them wearing beautiful smiles!

12. angie says:

Such a sweet photo. I LOVE that you got to celebrate her birthday with her! What a treat.

13. Happy Birthday, Minnie and many many more to that little whippersnapper! And Happy New Year to you my friend! What a pleasure it’s been getting to know you!

Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What’s For Dinner
    Ma What’s For Dinner’s last blog Baked Ziti

14. Oh so cute! Happy Birthday, Minnie!! :>:> Its so nice to have the generational photos to hold on to. :>

15. How sweet is this?? And that cake looks yummy too!

16. jen says:

I bet you didn’t have any problems getting her to eat that cake. ;)

17. courtney says:

That is SO awesome you have her in your life still.

18. awwww, Happy Birthday Minnie!

19. I always hit up your site on WW and then I walk away saying, “they are the cutest stinkin’ family.’ Minnie looks way younger than I.

20. Elaine says:

That is so awesome that they came to visit you at the holidays. And Happy Birthday to Minnie! Such a great picture you will certainly cherish, as will your daughter… :)

21. Nichole says:

Look at those two beautiful girls!
    You are so lucky to have that photo, Rachel.
    And the cake looks all kinds of fabulous!
    Happy Birthday, Minnie!

22. Stefanie says:

What a sweet picture! I bet that made your grandma’s day! Happy Birthday to her!

23. Mama Mary says:

Adorable! Happy Birthday to Minnie! So wonderful that you have grandparents that are still alive. Mine have all been gone for years now.
    Mama Mary’s last blog dissecting my dream board

24. Such a sweet picture. :)

25. Kristina says:
  26. Shell says:

happy birthday to your Grandma! :)

27. Gooey Sock, where a guy can use a sock for just about anything but a rubber.

Trackbacks

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Rachel , Rachel . Rachel said: So excited that @thenagainphoto & @7clowncircus are both hosting! Wordful Wednesday: Minnie’s 81st Celebration! http://bit.ly/eByKqh [...]