Proud

I had fabulous intentions of sitting down tonight and writing some snarky post about my kids bowel movements…or something like that.

But tonight…I am just so proud.

So proud to be an American.

So proud of our Armed Forces.

So proud of our Presidents. Both past and present.

Today is a remarkable day in history. So remarkable that I will be purchasing newspapers to save for my children…and for my grandchildren. Osama Bin Laden is dead.

Today is not about politics.

Today is not about our differences.

Today we unite as a country and celebrate long, overdue JUSTICE.

Comments

1. Tim@sogeshirts says:

Well said Rachel. I am definitely proud of the our troops, country, and all past and present presidents. I just hope there is no retaliation though and that everyone is safe and prepared.

2. La Jolla Mom says:

To echo Tim, really well said. And from the clearly from the heart. It has been a great day for everyone.
    La Jolla Mom’s last blog Durian- Southeast Asia’s Forbidden Fruit

3. tracy says:

A to the Men. xo
    tracy’s last blog Cheerios- Hula Hoops and Ladybug Picnics…

4. What touched me the most with this post was,
    ‘So proud of our Presidents. Both past and present’.
    Our children won’t understand the magnitude of this ‘victory’ just yet, what a great idea to keep the papers (I have the papers from the days that they were born!)

and still super jealous of your day out btw!

Amen!

6. Nichole says:

Rachel…
    You put this beautifully.
    I, too, am proud to be an American.
    And you’re right. This isn’t political. This is about pride, relief, and justice.

“So proud of our Presidents. Both past and present.” Me too, Rachel. Me too.
    Nichole’s last blog Learning Forgiveness From Our Children

7. Kimberly says:

Well said! And I hope this sense of pride & togetherness & patriotism lasts! Our country needs it :)

8. Sherri says:

I couldn’t have said it better myself, Rachel.

So very proud.
    Sherri’s last blog April 22- 2004

9. I’m not an American, but I’m just happy you guys got him finally. Well done.
    Mommy’s Paradise’s last blog Aret sa tapaz stop this noise

10. Crystal says:

From a military wife….thank you for your post.
    Crystal’s last blog Life Is A Highway

11. liz says:

Yes – Boom – proud to be an american! Go special forces!
    liz’s last blog If Google is God- Apple is Jesus

12. Such a fantastic day. I am super proud too – feel like a huge weight is off! Thanks for the beautifully stated post! :)
    Paula@Simply Sandwich’s last blog Summer Prep 101

13. Elena says:

Very well said. I didn’t even think of running out to get a paper today. Do you think I could just print off a news outlets homepage? Damn Internet addict. ;)
    Elena’s last blog Happy Easter!

14. Jessica says:

Proud. Yes.

I didn’t even think about saving the paper from today. Actually I don’t even think about newspapers anymore. At least we will have these blog posts to refer back to about this event.

15. Catherine says:

I felt so emotional hearing news. I pride in our armed forces and presidents. Sadness over the reminder of September 11th. Fear over what may come. Relief that maybe our world is a little safer. Disappointment that this has turned into a political, partisan fight everywhere from twitter and facebook to conversations overheard and on the news.
    Catherine’s last blog Some of the Evolution at Evolving Mommy