I Love Holiday Weekends

Holiday weekends are the best.

I thoroughly enjoyed our holiday weekend staying at home and spending time with family and friends.

I didn’t have to pack to go out of town.

I didn’t I have to entertain ANYONE at our house.

I didn’t have to shave my legs.

I didn’t even have to wipe much butt.

What did I do you wonder?

Hung out with my husband and kids…went swimming…ate delicious food & drank delicious wine and cocktails…watched movies…slept…relaxed.

This weekend I got more of everything.

More of my family.

More of my husband.

More of my kids.

More sleep.

More food.

More wine.

Isn’t this what life is all about? It was a pretty fantastic weekend.

Happy Birthday America! Let’s celebrate together more often….

{What did you do this holiday weekend? I hope it was a good one!}

Comments

1. So glad you had a great holiday weekend!

I love the idea of ‘more’. :)

2. Kimberly says:

Now *that* is my kind of weekend! So glad you enjoyed yourself!

3. We also had a stay home weekend and I loved the late nights and the late mornings. It really did feel perfect.

4. Kir says:

So glad you had such a great weekend. I did too, even though we went away and it rained all day Sunday..it was still pretty perfect to be with all my guys and my mom and SD. Good times!

5. angela says:

That sounds like a wonderful weekend! We didn’t go anywhere either and enjoyed each other and some family time. It still felt too short, though!

I love weekends like that but they also annoy me because it seems we try to shove so much into a couple days that by the end, I am exhausted. I need to take a lesson from you.

7. Elaine says:

So glad you had a nice, relaxing holiday. Ours was pretty good too. Except we did entertain a little. But that’s okay… ;) Happy belated 4th!

8. That sounds so perfect…I agree with the problem of cramming everything into too little time for maximum of fun – lol! Sigh…wish there were more holiday weekends coming up!

9. Angie says:

Yay! Sounds like a perfect weekend in my book! We did much of the same minus the sleeping later since my toddler added 2 more molars this weekend (but we did get naps everyday). It’s actually been way too long since we’ve just kicked back and watched some movies …it was great! Glad yours was too.

10. MommaKiss says:

I didn’t go anywhere either. We even had a huge ‘works show in our ‘hood (pirated from New Hampshire – we pay the cops not to arrest us).

LOVE those weekends, especially w/ our pool (bathroom and fridge just steps away).

11. Rebecca says:

You are so funny!! I pretty much got less of all of those things .. and more middle of the night feedings, more crappy whatever kind of food that I could whip together easily, more sleep depervation, and more unpacking!! Did I mention my mom isn’t coming now?!?!? Having said all that, I am still very glad you got some well deserved R&R!!