I cannot for the life of me host a sporting event get-together and NOT serve my layered bean dip.
It is so delicious and is always everyones favorite!
Mexican Layered Bean Dip and sports just pair so well together.
Plus I love sitting on my behind and stuffing my face while watching other people run around and sweat!
Which is why this recipe is the perfect match for your Superbowl party.
Mexican Layered Bean Dip Appetizer
2-3 Tbls salsa
1 14.5 oz can refried beans
12 oz sour cream
12 oz favorite fresh salsa (drain some of the liquid out)
12 oz guacamole
6 oz shredded Mexican cheese
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1 green scallion, thinly sliced
handful fresh cilantro leaves, torn
bag of tortilla chips
1. Pick your favorite large dish. I love my shallow dish from Mexico (pictured above). Spread 2-3 tablespoons of salsa in the bottom of the dish to prevent the refried beans from sticking when you dip your chip in!
2. Spread refried beans to cover the bottom of the dish. Spread the sour cream over the refried beans, followed by the fresh salsa and guacamole.
3. Sprinkle the shredded cheese to cover the entire top of the dip.
4. Spread the diced tomatoes over the top of the cheese and then sprinkle the scallions and fresh cilantro in the middle of the dip.
5. Serve dip with your favorite tortilla chips!