My Not-So New Years Resolutions: A Look Back

It’s that time of year again…time to make resolutions. Time to promise yourself to exercise more, eat less and drink less.

However, I never make these types of resolutions because I know myself very well. In fact, last year I made my Top Not-So New Years Resolutions based solely on the fact that I knew I would continue to do what I do best.

So, how did I do?

Well, believe it or not, I actually kept my Not-So New Years Resolutions. In fact I even improved on them.

Let’s check them out.

My Top 5 Not-So New Years Resolutions from 2011 ~

#5 Drink 2-3 cups of coffee every morning. I realize that the re-heating process in the microwave will continue. It is annoying, but to referee 2 kids and try to drink a cup of coffee while it is still hot just doesn’t happen. Ever.

~ I kept this Not-So New Years Resolution. Still averaging 2 cups of coffee every morning. Still using the ole’ micro for the re-heat. I’ve even stepped up my game and now have a Cuisinart K-Cup coffee maker. No mess. Fast coffee. The down side? I still have to re-heat. #ItsAGiven.

#4 Give my kids the beige diet. I am sick and tired of trying to get them to eat vegetables and new varieties of meat. You want plain pasta with butter and Dino Nuggets for dinner again? Sure…why not. I give up.

~ Ummmmm….yeah. TOTALLY stuck to this one. My kids still eat basically a beige diet. Their favorite? Mac n Cheese of course.

#3 Continue to hit the gym 3-4 times a week.

YES…I do that. It is my therapy. My time. My savior. My everything. Without that gym daycare and time to sweat…I would be even crazier than I am now. And that is….scary.

~ I have actually stepped up and increased the gym visits. I am at a good 4 to 5 times a week. Hey, it’s totally needed for my sanity. And my ass.

#2 Ignore my kids to check email/Twitter/Facebook/read blogs.

We all do it. At least I admit it and am committed to continuing doing it.

~ Check! Clearly….still doing this.

#1 Drink the same amount of wine, if not more. I thought about maybe cutting back…but really, that is so NOT me. I love wine. Why would I torture myself?

~ This is my favorite. I kept this Not-So New Years Resolution for sure. I actually resolve to drink even more wine this year.

So what am I adding this year to my list?

ME.

2012 is all about ME.

And I am totally going to rock it.

{Do you have any Not-So New Years Resolutions? Do share!}

Mama’s Losin’ It

******

Come on over to Momtastic today to check out my Chicken, Tortellini & Spinach Soup paired with Mark West Pinot Noir!

Comments

1. Debra says:

You actually did really great on your list from last year…and love that it’s all about you this year. Make sure you do as well on this year’s priority as you did last year’s!

2. Vinobaby says:

I NEED a list like this. Then I could feel like a rock star too. I’m with you on every one, except you are kicking my ass in the gym visit category. But that’s on my mental list {again} this year. I need to go more to work off all the wine I’m not cutting back drinking (damn carbs}.

Cheers and Happy New Year to you!

3. Rachel, every time I read one of your posts, I nod along. Even when you’re being sarcastic. I love this, because seriously, it’s just the way it is.

I am right there with you, from the beige diet to the drinking wine. (Well, maybe not so much with the gym. Though I should)

Happy 2012!

4. Julia says:

Love your resolutions! I completely agree with you about the gym. The daycare at my gym is my saviour and my ultimate stress relief. Cheer to drinking more wine in 2012!

I can’t wait to see where you take ‘ME’ this year. :-)

6. dumb mom says:

Yeah, I’m gonna keep up the whole ignore my kids to check email bit, BUT I’m giving them the 1 hour before school. I realized I yell WAY more and we are on time WAY less when I ignore them then!

7. I love this list. I need one just like it to hang next to my resolutions (wonder which one pans out first?) Especially love resolving to drink more wine!

8. pamtastic says:

“Ignor”…that’s such an icky word…how about “postpone attending to” or “provide a delayed response”? Yeah..all of those. I totally do it to, but nobody has lost a limb yet, so that’s a win in my book!

9. Sherri says:

You rock, babe…totally.

10. Erin says:

My boys would so get along with your kids….the plain pasta with cheese, the easy mac, chicken nuggets….ohhh they eat mini corn dogs too.
    Want some corn with that? NO
    How about some peas? NO
    maybe a carrot or two? NO

And more wine….is there any other way?

11. John says:

Yay for keeping the not-so-resolutions.

I’m still in a stage where I can convince the kids that they like vegetables, just by saying “you like that.” I have a feeling that these days are numbered, though.

I truly worry what I’d be like if I didn’t work out or drink wine. But, I’m up in the early morning to do my cardio, and then I sacrifice my lunches for lifting, and then I sacrifice early bedtimes (for me) to enjoy a good bottle box o’ wine — if I didn’t do all of that, well, I’d sleep more, but I fear my head would also explode.

12. Shell says:

Now, these are resolutions I could get behind!

Except for the coffee. I can’t drink coffee.

13. Arnebya says:

You are a horrible, terrible mother for ignoring your children (quit tugging on my arm, little boy, before I accidentally elbow you in the throat; I’m trying to type. And hand me my damn glass).

14. theresa says:

Love this!!! You just described my life!

Trackbacks