Our annual Superbowl party.
A pool party.
A family get together.
An appetizer for a nice dinner.
She always made her famous spicy prawns!
You know why? Because everyone always asked her to! They are THAT delicious!
Spicy Prawns Appetizer
2 lbs medium to large prawns, cooked, shelled and deveined
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup Sherry wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
3 large shallots, finely chopped
1 large garlic clove, chopped
2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp salt
freshly ground pepper
1. Put prawns into a large glass bowl that has a lid.
2. Mix all other ingredients together in another bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Pour marinade over prawns, stirring to coat.
4. Place lid on bowl and refrigerate overnight allowing marinade to work its magic!
5. Serve the following day with toothpicks.
Suggested Wine Pairings ~Dry Riesling, Chenin-Blanc, Crisp Chardonnay, Chablis