Why yes I am on a Grilled Cheese mission.
A mission to come up with as many different grilled cheese sandwiches as possible.
That are all to die for and delicious.
In case you missed my other melted cheese masterpieces, you can check out my Grilled Cheese Goddess which is jammed packed with white truffle butter, Jarlsberg & Grana Padano cheeses, cremini mushrooms & baby arugula.
Today I am combining salty and sweet to create a yummy grilled cheese sandwich filled with triple cream Brie.
Brie, Prosciutto, Pear & Apricot Chutney Grilled Cheese
2 Tbls butter
4 slices ciabatta bread
1/4 to 1/2 lb triple cream Brie
1 Bosc pear, thinly sliced
4 slices prosciutto
2-3 Tbls apricot chutney
1. Spread butter on the outside of the 4 slices of bread.
2. Spread the apricot chutney on the inside of the 4 slices of bread.
3. Spread some of the triple cream Brie over the apricot chutney on 2 slices of bread.
4. Divide the slices of pear in half and spread out over the cheese.
5. Top the pear with 2 slices of prosciutto on each sandwich, followed by some of the remaining cheese so that the sandwich sticks together.
6. Place 2nd slice of bread on top of each sandwich and grill in pan over medium heat, flipping once the 1st side is crispy and brown.
7. Slice in half and serve alongside mixed baby greens with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
Suggested Wine Pairings: Sparkling Wine (Bubbles!), Light, crisp, high acid Sauvignon Blanc, Zesty Pinot Grigio or Gewürztraminer.